A Winning Design: KGT Remodeling is Honored With a 2020 Sand Dollar Award!
KGT Remodeling is honored to be a 2020 Sand Dollar Award winner! It’s always a privilege to bring our clients’ dreams for their homes to life, and we’re excited to be recognized with one of the highest annual accolades given by the Collier Building Industry Association.
Our winning design modernized the kitchen of local homeowner, giving it a more open feel, increased storage, better lighting and more working space. We eliminated the divisions between the existing kitchen and the adjacent great room, while incorporating numerous features chosen to bring more light and greater livability into the space.
Each aspect of this kitchen was carefully chosen to increase functionality while creating a truly beautiful room designed around the homeowner’s taste and lifestyle. For example:
- A larger island with ample seating, food preparation space and a built-in sink increase functionality for cooks and diners alike.
- Strategically selected appliances (including a base cabinet drawer microwave, a custom vent hood, a Sub-Zero built-in tall wine storage cabinet, a Sub-Zero built-in fridge and freezer tower, an induction cooktop and built-in oven, and a double-drawer dishwasher concealed with cabinet panels mounted on the face) make kitchen tasks easier while adding style.
- A Top Zero stainless steel sink with a touch faucet, without a recessed edge, creates a clean look against the surface of the island, while the Cambria Annicca™ quartz countertops and backsplash provide contemporary style along with the convenience of an easy-care natural material.
- White shaker inset cabinets and handmade solid maple inset cabinetry, much of which was constructed on site, provide ample storage while brightening and modernizing the space.
- Recessed LED lights, LED under-cabinet strip lighting and lighted display cabinets further brighten the room while providing targeted illumination for kitchen tasks.
- Specialty storage features were added to address the homeowner’s expressed needs; for example, numerous Rev-a-Shelf accessories, including a pull-out spice rack and roll-out trays, were built into the cabinetry to enable easy organization that naturally melds with the look of the room.
- Under-cabinet GFI outlet strips are readily accessible without disturbing the look of the backsplash.
- A custom-designed 10-foot cloud ceiling adds architectural interest and complements the newly modernized space.
This is KGT’s 11th Sand Dollar Award, and we’re grateful to again be honored for our work in this way. But it’s an even greater privilege to serve our clients year after year with award-winning excellence. Your home deserves nothing less, and we take great pride and joy in bringing your dreams for it to life.