Top energy saving tips
Conserving energy in the home can help trim your costs annually. Listed below are some great ways to effectively conserve energy, save money and take control of the energy usage in your home.
- Limit the time you run your pool pump
- Cool your home at 78 degrees or higher with the thermostat fan switched to auto. For additional savings, raise your thermostat to 82 degrees or higher when you’re away.
- Reduce your water heater temperature from 140 degrees to 120 degrees, which is the recommended temperature setting according to the U.S. Department of Energy, which will save you around two dollars a month.
- Clean or replace the A/C filter regularly to help your unit run more efficiently this will help trim cooling costs.
- Turn off your ceiling fan when you leave the room. A fan that is running all day can cost up to seven dollars a month.
- Replace old, high-flow showerheads with water-efficient showerheads this could save you up to $80* a year.
- Adjust the water level for your washing machine to match the load size, especially when using hot water. Always use a cold rinse.
- Clean the lint filter in your dryer before every load to dry your clothes faster.
- Using the auto sensor function on your dryer will conserve energy by not over-drying your clothes.
These tips were provided by Florida Power and Light.
When deciding on your next remodeling project, remember KGT Builders specializes in kitchen, bathroom and entire condo or home remodels in and around Naples, Florida.